We had a banner year here at Tonto Bar & Grill and Cartwright’s Sonoran Ranch House, and we want to thank our loyal customers for supporting us. Here is a rundown of our accomplishments in a “year in review.” We couldn’t do it without you!
– The second annual Cave Creek Hot Air Balloon Festival in January, founded by Tonto co-owner Eric Flatt and Aerial Solutions, LLC co-owner Scott Clifton, was a huge success. It brought at least 6,000 spectators to the Rancho Mañana Golf Course for a day and night of family fun. Flatt and Clifton are working on a possible date this spring for the third annual event. We’ll keep you posted.
– Our annual “On the Lawn” spring concert series was another highlight of the year, bringing local and national talent to the lawn in front of Tonto’s patio on select Saturday nights in April and May. It finished out with a killer acoustic set by Ari Heist on May 22.
– The mild temperatures in the spring brought an extra-long patio season to Tonto in 2011, with diners outdoors enjoying the spectacular views and wildlife sightings well into June. To celebrate, later in the year we bought all-new tables and chairs from a local manufacturer with special springs in the feet so we will have no more wobbly tables – hooray! So put away those napkins and sugar packets.
– Arizona Republic’s restaurant critic, Howard Seftel, paid a visit to Tonto and included our grass-fed, organic burger in his round-up of “very good” burgers around town. He praised the “straightforward beefy taste” and “good potat-onion bun.” Thanks, Howard!
– Phoenix Magazine had all kind of love for us this year. Both Tonto and Cartwright’s made its Best Restaurants issue in January. In the annual Best of the Valley issue in November, Tonto was named “best Southwestern” and Cartwright’s was deemed “best gussied-up cowboy grub.” The critics had so many nice things to say about us, we almost blushed. But our staff works hard day in and day out, and they deserve the recognition.
– We’re patting ourselves on the back for our leap into social media with our new Facebook and Twitter accounts and this blog. It’s made it easier to let everyone know what we’re up to. Please keep in touch and keep visiting our sites, our Facebook pages, our Twitter feeds and our blog. Please subscribe by filling out the form on the left side of the blog page, below. It’s a convenient way to stay up on all of our news.
– We’re working on a new online calendar that will keep you up-to-date on all of our events automatically once you subscribe. Also coming soon is a recipe section where we’ll post the secrets to all of your favorite dishes.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon!